St John’s is the town-centre church situated within a short distance of the main shopping area. It is a Grade 1 listed building and was originally built in the early 13th century.
Alterations and additions were made in the 13th and 15th centuries and major restoration work completed under the direction of Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1858.
The churchyard was closed for burials in 1850 and is now maintained by Bromsgrove District Council.
The Church is open to visitors most weekdays and Saturdays from 11.00 a.m. until 3.00 p.m.