History of St Johns

stjohnlargeSt John’s is the town-centre church situated within a short distance of the main shopping area. It is a Grade 1 listed building and was originally built in the early 13th century.
Alterations and additions were made in the 13th and 15th centuries and major restoration work completed under the direction of Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1858.

The churchyard was closed for burials in 1850 and is now maintained by Bromsgrove District Council.

The Church is open to visitors most weekdays and Saturdays from 11.00 a.m. until 3.00 p.m.

Church News

This Weeks Services

21Aug
Holy Communion
Wed Aug 21 @11:00AM - 12:30PM
25Aug
Family Communion RK/HR/RK
Sun Aug 25 @10:45AM - 12:15PM
28Aug
Holy Communion
Wed Aug 28 @11:00AM - 12:30PM
31Aug
Dowd/ Ballianger
Sat Aug 31 @ 4:00PM - 05:00PM

Upcoming Events