Articles

History of St Johns

St John’s is the town-centre church situated within a short distance of the main shopping area. It is a Grade 1 listed building and was originally built in the early 13th century.

Alterations and additions were made in the 13th and 15th centuries and major restoration work completed under the direction of Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1858.

The churchyard was closed for burials in 1850 and is now maintained by Bromsgrove District Council.

The Church is open to visitors most weekdays and Saturdays from 11.00 a.m. until 3.00 p.m.

St Johns Church Hall

stanidng room only

St. John's Church Hall is a flexible facility with capacity for up to 60 people. There is a small Kitchen available for your use.

We have hosted numerous one off events in the hall including Wedding Receptions, Medieval Banquets and children’s parties.

In addition we support regular bookings for Baby and Toddler Groups, community events and as a rehearsal space for musicians.

Read more: St Johns Church Hall

St John's Vicar

St John's is currently in interregnum (which means without a Vicar)

For more information, please contact

Parish Office: 01527 878801

Or Church Wardens

Shan Moule: 01527 873517

Brian Williams: 01527 871711

Where to find us

St John's is located just off the Kidderminster Rd, with ample parking on the Kidderminster Rd, Church Lane and Church Rd.  We do have limited parking at the church for disabled people, which is accessed via Crown Close on a first come first served basis.

The address for Sat Nav's is:

14 Kidderminster Rd
Bromsgrove
B61 7JW
United Kingdom

Subcategories

stjohnscolourlogo

Church News

This Weeks Services

25Aug
Family Communion RK/HR/RK
Sun Aug 25 @10:45AM - 12:15PM
28Aug
Holy Communion
Wed Aug 28 @11:00AM - 12:30PM
31Aug
Dowd/ Ballianger
Sat Aug 31 @ 4:00PM - 05:00PM

Upcoming Events